Today’s post is the Last Will and Testament of John Elmer Mix (DOB: 28Dec. 1864) (DOD: 25 Jan. 1951) as found in the office of the Register of Wills at the Potter County Courthouse, Coudersport, PA).
DECEASED: John Elmer Mix
RESIDENCE: Shinglehouse, PA
WILL SIGNED: January 3, 1951
DEATH: January 25, 1951
EXECUTRIX: Lena Mix Kemp
- Winifred Mix (wife) age 69, Shinglehouse, PA
- Lena Mix Kemp (daughter) age 57, Shinglehouse, PA
- Leon E. Mix (son) age 54, San Diego, CA
- Morton E. Mix (son) age 60, Oakland, CA
- House and outbuilding on corner lot in Shinglehouse boro, bounded by (North) Honeoye Street, (east) Bailey Avenue, (south) self, (west) Friar. Appraised at $2,500.00.
- Barn on lot in Shinglehouse boro, bounded by (North) Honeoye Creek, (East) Ruth James, (south) Honeoye Street, (West) O. Holcomb. Appraised at $500.00.
AFTER SALE of all lands and holdings Winifred received $554.04 and each of the three children received $554.03.
DOCKET: Volume “P” (page 396); INHERITANCE TAX BOOK: Book #2, page 78, line 25; WILL NUMBER: 4896.
Researched by Dayton D. Mix, August 11, 1995.
For an earlier blog post about John Elmer Mix, click below:
– Four Narrowly Escape Death
– Hollywood Star: Tom Mix
– Grandpa’s Little Girl